Kosair Children’s Hospital
As Kentucky’s only full-service, free-standing hospital “Just for Kids,” Kosair Children’s Hospital is ready to help children and their families in virtually any medical situation.
Children’s hospitals serve all patients regardless of their ability to pay. As a not-for-profit organization, Kosair Children’s facilities rely on the generosity of the community to help fulfill their mission to provide for the physical and emotional health of children, from birth to age 18. It takes the generosity of everyone in the community to enable this hospital to be here for all children – if and when they need it.
As the philanthropic arm of Kosair Children’s Hospital, the Children’s Hospital Foundation raises funds each year to support programs, equipment and facilities, research, advocacy and education. Donations to the Children’s Hospital Foundation help the more than 120,000 children cared for annually at Kosair Children’s Hospital live stronger, healthier lives.
With your financial help, the foundation is able to support the hospital in the following ways:
- Recruit key clinical and research leaders
- Purchase state-of-the-art technology and equipment for use by the hospital’s health care professionals
- Expand important regional patient care programs
- Construct facilities and enhance speciality areas to better serve patients and families
Why should I support Kosair Children’s Hospital?
- Kosair Children’s Hospital is not-for-profit and relies on the generosity of the community to support programs, hospital improvements, education and advocacy. Kosair Children’s Hospital treats children regardless of their family’s ability to pay. As the number of children needing help at Kosair Children’s Hospital continues to increase, so does the need to stay up-to-date on medical advances and technologies.
- Children are not just small adults. Kosair Children’s Hospital treats children from birth to age 18. We know that children require smaller equipment, different medications and, sometimes, different doctors. Our clinical staff is trained to provide the special kind of care children need and deserve.
- Access to health care is very important to a community’s quality of life. Having a full-service pediatric hospital is important to the region’s economy as governmental leaders seek to attract new businesses and, in turn, those employers attract new employees.
- Children’s hospitals across the country are facing a shortage of pediatric specialists. Those with access to greater resources to provide funding for equipment and research also tend to have greater interest from specialists. Having these specialists at Kosair Children’s Hospital means that families do not have to travel out of the region when their children need medical care.